Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tow Path and New Ritual


Yesterday, I ran on the C & O canal for 20 miles. Since it was my birthday, I decided to run at least half my age and one mile to go on. So I ran 19 miles but during my run, I had to stop and chase a run a way horse that dumped its rider so I had to run at least a mile chasing the horse. I finally caught up to it and gave it back to the rider. However, the run was OK and I got pretty tired at the end of my run. BMM is in six weeks and I need to keep getting these long runs under my belt. My goal is for a 4:15 which should put me in the top 15 or so.
I kept repeating my mantras.... "hard work pays off" and "Nice and Easy". This seemed to make the run doable at the end.
This is a picture of the path during the summer but I tried to take a picture but my camera battery died on the way up to the run.

No comments: